Effective Date: 10/01/2020
How to Contact LEGACY MANUFACTURING CO.
About the Personal Information LEGACY MANUFACTURING CO. Collects
LEGACY MANUFACTURING CO. AND OUR PARTNERS collect different types of Personal Information about you depending on your contact point with us.
Personal Information means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. This may include, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, user name and password, purchasing history, warranty history and demographic data you make available to LEGACY MANUFACTURING CO. AND OUR PARTNERS through the LEGACY MANUFACTURING CO. websites, in-store purchases, social media channels or connected products.
Some of your Personal Information is information you provide directly to us, for example, to register a product or seek information about a product you have purchased or are interested in purchasing. However, we also may collect certain Personal Information automatically, such as cookies generated from your use of our website.
How LEGACY MANUFACTURING CO. Uses/Shares the Information Collected
We use the Personal Information we collect about you primarily to:
- Provide customer services to you at your request.
- Communicate with you regarding products and safety issues such as recalls.
- Marketing communications.
- Improving our retailer network.
- Manage and improve our services for you.
- Utilize for internal business and marketing purposes, as permitted by applicable laws.
We may use your information for any purpose if the information does not identify you and cannot be combined with other information accessible to us to identify you. For example, we may prepare aggregated reports about use of various products or Legacy Manufacturing-owned websites for research about the use of those products or websites, the locations and applications for which they are used and how the products could be improved, from which your individual information cannot be singled out.
How We Safeguard Information
We take seriously our responsibility to protect the information we collect or receive. We have implemented commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect the information that we collect or receive. From time to time, we review and consider updates for our security procedures.
Third Party Links and Data Collection
Third parties, such as Choozle, Facebook, Google and YouTube also may use our website to collect personal information about you and your online activities.
- Facebook’s use of any data collected through its pixel tag is subject to the Facebook Data Policy.
- LinkedIn’s use of any data collected through its pixel tag is subject to the LinkedIn Data Policy.
- Twitter’s use of any data collected through its pixel tag is subject to the Twitter Data Policy.
Some of our sites may use YouTube and YouTube API Services to display videos and video information.
By viewing videos and/or their corresponding information on any of our sites, you are agreeing to be bound by the YouTube Terms of Service which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms
LEGACY MANUFACTURING CO. Customer Choices and Rights
If you no longer wish to receive marketing materials from us, you can let us know by other unsubscribe features that we provide in our marketing communications, or through our online contact form at the bottom of this page and we will make every effort to accommodate your request.
Subject to local law, you may have certain additional rights regarding your Personal Information. These may include the following rights to:
- Access your Personal Information.
- Delete your Personal Information.
- Restrict our use of your Personal Information.
- Object to our use of your Personal Information.
- Receive your Personal Information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third-party (also known as the right of data portability).
- Lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
- Withdraw any consent you have given to uses of your Personal Information.
We retain your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period after our relationship with you has ended.
When deciding how long to keep your Personal Information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account how long we need to retain the information to fulfill the purposes described above and to comply with our legal obligations.
Information from Minors
LEGACY MANUFACTURING CO. AND OUR PARTNER products and websites are not intended for use by minors. We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from minors. If we learn that, despite these measures, a minor has submitted Personal Information to us through the Site, we will take reasonable measures to delete such Personal Information from our records and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the minor or others as required by law).
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share with third parties certain categories of information that identifies you for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes and the identities of the third parties with whom that information is shared. If you wish to exercise those rights, please submit a request via our online contact form at the bottom of this page or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning January 1, 2020, California residents may exercise certain privacy rights pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Your right to submit certain requests as a California resident are described below. Please note that when submitting a request, you will be asked to provide information to verify your identity before action is taken. You may designate an authorized agent to make the requests below on your behalf. An authorized agent must submit proof to us that he or she has been authorized by you to act on your behalf, and you will need to verify your identity directly with us.
Right To Request More Information
If you are a California resident, you may have the right to request more information regarding the following, to the extent applicable:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose why we collected or, if applicable, sold your Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared your Personal Information in the past 12 months.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The categories of Personal Information that we have shared with third parties about you for a business purpose.
You may submit a request for the information above by submitting a request via our online contact form at the bottom of this page or via email at email@example.com. In connection with submission of your request, we will take steps to verify your identity as outlined below, and you will need to verify your identity before action is taken
Requesting Personal Information to be Deleted
If you are a California resident, you may also have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information collected or maintained by us. Once we receive your request, we will let you know what, if any, Personal Information we can delete from our records, and we will direct any service providers with whom we shared your Personal Information also to delete your Personal Information from their records. There may be circumstances where we cannot delete your Personal Information or direct service providers to delete your Personal Information from their records. For example, if we need to:
- Retain your Personal Information to complete a transaction, provide goods or services, or provide relevant safety or recall information.
- Detect security incidents.
- Protect against unlawful activities.
- Identify, debug, or repair errors.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
You may submit a request to delete your Personal Information by submitting a request via our online contact form located at the bottom of this webpage or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In connection with submission of your request, we will take steps to verify your identity as outlined below, and you will need to verify your identity before action is taken.
Verification of Requests
Upon submission of a request for information or a request to delete information, we will take reasonable steps to confirm that the person submitting the request to know or request to delete is the person to whom the information relates, and to prevent unauthorized access or deletion of information. The specific steps taken to verify the identity of the requesting person may vary based on the nature of the request, including the type, sensitivity and value of the information requested, the risk of harm posed by unauthorized access or deletion, the likelihood that fraudulent or malicious actors may seek the information, the robustness of personal information provided to verify your identity, the nature of our business relationship with you, and available technology for verification.
We will generally try to avoid requesting additional information from you for the purpose of verification, but we may need to do so if we cannot verify your identity based on the information already maintained by us. If we request additional information to verify your identity, it will be for that purpose only, and will be deleted as soon as practical after processing the request, except as otherwise provided by law.
– For requests to know specific pieces of personal information, we will verify your identity to a reasonably high degree of certainty by matching at least three data points provided by you with reliable data points maintained by us. We will also require a declaration, signed under penalty of perjury, that the person requesting the information is the person whose information is the subject of the request. We will maintain all signed declarations as part of our records.
– For requests to delete personal information, we will verify your identity to a reasonable degree or a reasonably high degree of certainty depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and the risk of harm posed by unauthorized deletion. We will act in good faith when determining the appropriate standard to apply.
If there is no reasonable method by which we can verify your identity, we will state so in response to a request to know or delete personal information, including an explanation of why we have no reasonable method to verify your identity.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of California Resident’s Privacy Rights
By exercising any of the above listed privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, you have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us. This means that, consistent with California law, we will not deny providing goods or services to you, charge you different prices or provide a different level or quality of goods and services to you unless those differences are related to the value of your information.
Advertising agencies, advertising networks, and other companies who may place advertisements through our Service may use their own cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, web bugs, mobile IDs, precise location data, TV/OTT viewership, user IDs and other technology to collect information about you. We do not control these companies’ use of such technology and we have no responsibility for the use of such technology by these companies to gather information about you.
Data Privacy Inquiry Form